This position is responsible for building and expanding upon the existing Vendor Management Program. This program currently covers key vendors in the Finance Operations Shared Services organization. Due to the growth of the program, Otsuka is looking to create a center of excellence for the governance of our vendors across the enterprise (OAPI, OPDC, ODH, OCPI). The vendor management group will work closely with Requestors of Services (ROS) who manage the vendor relationships.
This position is a centralized governance role to help to stand up and administer the new vendor management program. Key activities include:
• Creating a centralized governance model
• Develop and mature the program by researching and bringing in best practices
• Develop standards and templates to be used across Otsuka
• Influence various business units to ensure consistency in the approach
• Strategic oversight, guidance, sourcing, monitoring, governance and controls over external vendors and internal affiliate
• Ensure vendor adherence to all heightened Operational, Information Security, IT, Compliance and Regulatory standards
• Create and execute centralized reporting to monitor vendor performance against critical and contractual service level agreements. Development of performance scorecards covering all key client experience milestones
• Staying abreast of current industry practices and bringing innovative ideas proactively into Otsuka
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, possess the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and be able to set and manage priorities. He/she will need to liaise effectively with various Otsuka teams across different lines of business. Further, he/she should be a great communicator and influencer, and can creatively present executive level presentations, well in front of large groups and executives.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Business.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years, in strategic sourcing, building a vendor management program, or managing large, complex vendor relationships is required.
• Demonstrable understanding of the end-to-end technology sourcing process.
• Excellent computer skills including Oracle Business Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SharePoint Management.
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to analyze data and determine creative ways to present the data to tell the story
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and executives across business and technology units.
• Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities simultaneously.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; click here for more information
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.