The Manager, Sales Operations Support position requires a commercial operations professional who possesses strong customer service focus, has a solid understanding of pharmaceutical field force help desk support processes and practices, pharmaceutical sales operations functions and processes, field force communications and training, as well as a working knowledge of commercial applications, systems and underlying data.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, the Manager, Sales Operations Support represents the needs and interest of Otsuka’s therapeutic area field forces and serves as escalation point for help desk tickets, field inquiries, solution service request, remedial training requests and other issues/requests that require Home Office intervention or approval for their resolution.
The Manager, Sales Operations Support assist the sales automation solutions business owners with the management, administration and training of the organizations Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions and other commercial applications, for the implementation of new automation capabilities, systematic enhancement of underlying business processes and the maintenance of the integrity and quality of enterprise data.
The Manger, Sales Operations Support position requires the ability to interact with a variety of internal Sales Operations, Information Technology, Business Services and other home office departments, co-promotion partners and outside vendors across the matrix. Responsibilities also include the evaluation of new CRM tools with potential commercial applications, vendor management support and project/program management support.
• Leads CRM Support Tier-2/Tier-3 triage activities and acts as a centralized coordination point to review and resolve field inquiries and other issues/questions escalated from the Tier-1/Tier-2 Help Desk through partnering with various internal & external stakeholders including Information Technology, Sales Operations, Data Management, Segmentation & Targeting, Legal & Compliance, Third Party Vendors and Business Partners.
• Works with Business Service group on overseeing Tier-1/Tier-1.5 Help Desk vendor activities, and ensure user issues and questions are addressed in a timely manner with high quality. This includes training of help desk specialists and providing them assistance so that they can perform their job effectively, defining SOP’s and SLA’s, evaluating of help desk metrics, and proactively soliciting user feedback, etc.
• Supports CRM solutions training lead, assists with the coordination of training department and training vendor activities, creates SFA training content and modules, prepares training data for CRM training courses, and conducts field force training for new systems, new hires and ongoing remedial training. Coordinates train-the-trainer sessions and maintains documentation of system updates and user manuals. Authors’ communications for enhancements, changes, best practices and FAQ’s.
• Represents the needs and interest of Otsuka field forces and conducts frequent meetings with field force stakeholders, sales operations colleagues and Learning & Development to collect feedback on CRM processes and toolkit effectiveness, track toolkit utilization and provide field support level metrics.
• Supports the administration and maintenance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions and partners with IT on the analysis, design and implementation of new CRM applications, enhancements, feature releases and special projects, including defining roadmaps and project plans, project status reports, issue logs, testing plans, training & transition plans, etc.
• Assists with the Development and maintenance of rigorous quality control process and measures that ensure the accuracy of all information disseminated though CRM applications to the field force. Assists maintaining the integrity of enterprise data systems and supports enterprise information governance efforts.
• Supports system integration testing (SIT) and coordinates user acceptance testing (UAT) for CRM projects including authoring testing plans and test scripts, tracking testing results, defining tollgates and testing closure.
• Support PM/PMO efforts, manages tasks, dependencies, issues & risks across Sales Operations initiatives and formal projects, including the coordination with other commercial organizations, OIT, vendors, Co-promoters and other business partners to ensure completion on time and within budget. Assist with the long-range planning and implementation of customer relationship management (CRM) technology solution for the field force.
• Supports business process management and optimization efforts and defines metrics and monitor Sales Operations department performance against productivity targets (e.g. quality of work products, cycle times, project & program execution, etc.).
• BS/BA in Information Systems, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Management Science or Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of Pharmaceutical industry experience in Sales, Sales Operations functions, or IT is required.
• Minimum 5 year of experience servicing, supporting or representing Pharma field force organizations including help desk support and/or Pharma commercial operations support. Experience with help desk support tools is desirable.
• Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry CRM solutions and tools (e.g. data warehouses, master data management, business analytics & reporting, sales force automation, closed loop marketing, promotional programs/materials management, samples management, speaker bureaus management, expense reporting, aggregate spend management, etc.)
• Experience delivering and supporting field force automation solutions. Veeva-CRM Administrator certification is desirable.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g. IMS, Medpro, Master Data, Formulary Data, etc.). Proficiency with pharmaceutical data sourcing, integration, analysis and reporting is desirable.
• Strong customer service, communication, collaboration, facilitation and presentation skills.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Access, Power Point, Excel, Word and MS Project).
• Experience working in matrix management structure in a cross-functional team environment.
• MBA or post-graduate degree in Information Systems, Mathematics. Management Science or Engineering is preferred.
• Experience with business process optimization and continuous process improvement methodologies and tools. Ability to identify better ways of doing things and getting others involved about improved methods and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience managing, developing or supporting Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with key internal stakeholders and various departments is critical for success.
• Project Management (PM) and Program Management Office (PMO) skills are preferred.
• Experience with business process optimization and continuous process improvement methodologies and tools.
• Knowledge of System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Business Process Modeling (BPM) methods and tools.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; click here for more information
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. ODH Solutions reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
ODH Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.