The Director of Forecasting within the Business Analytics & Insights organization at Otsuka is responsible for leading the forecasting team to develop and manage rigorous commercial forecasts for all Otsuka assets. Scope of responsibility includes forecasts for business development assets, early development assets, pre-launch assets, inline assets and life-cycle opportunities. Moreover, forecasting oversight spans across all disease areas of company interest, including Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders, Renal disease, Oncology, and Digital Medicine. The Forecasting lead reports directly to the Senior Director of Business Analytics & Insights as part of the Commercial Operations organization. Key stakeholders that the Forecasting lead will work with include brand leads and cross-functional partners, as well as senior management.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Proactive leader that will take ownership of all forecasting initiatives and processes
• Visionary that can drive development of a Forecasting Center of Excellence that can be a recognized leader in the industry
• Excellent management skills that can be used to guide and coach a talented team of forecasting experts
• Ability to hire, manage and develop forecasting personnel to ensure teamwork, camaraderie and exceptional performance
• Strong strategic thinking skills and demonstrated ability to connect information and insights across multiple data sources.
• Solid business knowledge to effectively pressure test and shape forecast assumptions
• Knowledge of multiple data sources that can be used to inform forecast assumptions, including prescription data, claims data, patient level data, demand studies and other primary market research
• Broad and deep knowledge of forecasting models, processes and best practices
• Unwavering commitment to objective data, information and insights to inform forecast assumptions
• Ability to understand and interpret clinical data to shape assumptions about product opportunity and limitations
• Compelling record of forecasting excellence and experience
• Represent the Forecasting Center of Excellence with clarity of purpose, direction and value to the organization
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills with a keen ability to explain forecast assumptions and rationale clearly and concisely
• Proven ability to navigate a matrix organization, manage stakeholder relationships, and collaborate with cross-functional partners.
• Ability to influence stakeholders and senior management with sound logic and compelling narrative
• Experience managing and developing agencies to support forecasting needs
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a forecasting role in the pharmaceutical industry
• At least 5 years of managing a team
• Advanced degree in marketing sciences or business preferred, such as Ph.D., Masters, or MBA
• Experience across multiple disease areas; CNS, Renal, Oncology a plus
• Experience in secondary data analytics a plus
• Experience with primary market research an advantage
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; click here for more information
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.