The Director Customer Experience will lead the Otsuka efforts for the design, development, implementation and life-cycle management of the customer experience strategies and tactics for the new Digital Platform portfolio.
In this position, the leader will set the strategic direction, develop the CX roadmap and oversee the execution of all initiatives to differentiate Otsuka’s customer experience. Director has an innate customer-driven perspective that drives strategy and tactics. They are able to think outside of and break the box, understanding that the traditional solutions do not solve new business challenges. This individual has a reputation as an agent and leader of change. The leader in this role will be accountable to deliver innovative solutions that will shift the paradigm within the industry. They are able to take ideas from across industries and quickly see the applicability to the business problems at hand. This individual is a strong communicator and inspires passion across direct and matrix teams; they are able to rally and motivate the organization to share in the vision for service and customer experience. The CX leader will oversee the platform to gather and analyze customer feedback, identify customer pain points, lead key transformational projects, drive cultural initiatives and effectively communicate progress to the organization.
• Lead the Otsuka efforts to design a comprehensive and long term strategy for optimizing the customer and stakeholder experiences for the new Digital Health portfolio products and services.
• Work closely with CX governance teams to lead culture change and influence the company’s transformation to a customer centric business. Sponsor key transformation projects to improve ease of doing business.
• Build governance model and manage strong relationship with functional leaders to drive initiatives forward.
• Evangelize customer-centricity at all levels of the organization.
• Work with internal and external/contracted resources to create the portfolio customer experience strategy.
• Develop financial/business case supporting documentation to quantify the portfolio customer experience strategy to determine impacts on the business and investment requirements.
• Present the customer experience strategy and business case to internal Otsuka and strategic business partner management teams to gain acceptance and approvals for implementation.
• Review detailed requirements for development and implementation of the approved portfolio customer experience strategy and serve as the primary interface and driver to the development team resources.
• Work collaboratively with assigned Program Management and Product Development resources within Otsuka and strategic partner firms to develop, test and launch the new portfolio customer experience strategy---then manage the program and evolution.
• Seeks and wants accountability
• Takes pride in a strong work ethic, focus and attention to detail
Also knows how to have fun---layers in necessary team building strategies and programs to create a healthy and productive call center environment
• Bachelors degree in related field, MBA or Master's Degree preferred
• Minimum 10 years business experience with 3-5 years work experience in the CX field, including leading and managing customer experience strategies, including but not limited to CX research, executing a Voice of the Customer program, journey mapping, stakeholder feedback and measurement program and analysis.
• Working knowledge of best practices for operational excellence and customer experience management—in both a Business to Consumer and Business to Business environments.
• Strong leadership, collaboration and people management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive towards consensus and achieve alignment
• Effective at navigating through matrix team environments in order to drive business decisions. Excellent planning and strategy development while executing against tight timelines
• High emotional intelligence in managing multiple business initiatives and cross-functional relationships
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational and project management skills
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.