The candidate for this position must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment along with other bright and motivated individuals. The role would support the business units as assigned, in all indirect categories HR, Technical Operations, Travel, Legal, and Corporate Services as well as Marketing and Sales, who utilize vendors for these services.
This individual is responsible for leading the end-to-end strategic sourcing processes, from analysis through negotiating, contracting, and managing vendor’s performance and ensuring contract compliance. In addition, he/she would recommend appropriate strategies and tactics to obtain desired results.
• Develop annual strategic plans and objectives.
• Participate in the identification and selection of vendors
• Participate with Vendor Management team with Contract Management and Preferred Supplier Programs with specific policies, procedures, and tools to add value to the Originations and Servicing operating businesses
• Develop and review specifications, statements of work, performance terms, and/or acceptance criteria.
• Aligns with planning and launch of major RFx events and assists team in an organized evaluation and selection process.
• Review, Modify and Create Statements of Work “SOW” to establish SLAs, key performance indicators and other requirements to ensure vendors’ performance and on-going tracking of all SOWs for related vendors..
• Continuously improve vendor performance, specifically by supporting better vendor reporting and collaboration with vendors for stronger accountability.
• Analyze the supply market and procurement data to support category strategies
• Strategic Vendors On-Boarding – Assist business in the transition to a new vendor.
• Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders and provide support with respect to Strategic Sourcing/Procurement processes and policies.
• Monitors and manages project baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule – manages variances
• Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline and budget
• Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
• Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
• Category Business Leaders within the HR, Technical Operations, Travel, Legal, Corporate Services, Marketing and Sales organization
• Vendor/supplier base for assigned categories
• Senior Leadership Team (C-Level)
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Finance, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years business experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
• 3+ years’ experience with contract negotiation and administration required. Excellent contract management skills are essential combined with experience in strategic sourcing practices, vendor dashboards, strategic cost reduction initiatives, and vendor quality turn around.
• 3 years experience in strategic sourcing/vendor management area
• Work experience in pharmaceuticals or CPG preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Solid working experience with services providers, including pricing, quality, and delivery
• Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing process flows preferred
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills especially with regard to benchmarking
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• The ability to design and implement business processes and related metrics
• The ability to effectively create process across organizational boundaries
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Market Intelligence – gather and use market intelligence to improve negotiated results
• Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and maintain successful working relationships
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of maental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.