The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of inventory and related cost of goods sold. The manager will complete various reporting requirements for both internal and external parties in support of the month end close. This individual will work closely with the Tech Ops team to ensure proper inventory movements and costing. Additionally, this individual will have interaction with internal and external auditors to provide support as required. This is a highly visible role that will be responsible for the oversight of strategic projects within the inventory function.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of inventory movements through interactions with key Supply Chain business partners.
• Verifies inventory sub-ledger balances compared to general ledger control accounts and third-party balances.
• Identifies excess and obsolete inventory and ensures the appropriate level of reserves
• Analyzes WIP asset and variance accounts. Ensures reasonableness of job variances and subsequent release to the P&L.
• Reviews Cost of Sales activity and provides necessary adjustments to ensure compliance with supply agreements.
• Supports strategic initiatives within the Inventory function.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly consolidation packages and footnote schedules.
• Provides support to internal and external auditors as needed.
• Prepares month end reports and schedules for OPCJ business partners.
• Establishes standard costs and subsequent update of Oracle. Analyzes resulting revaluation and manages appropriate disposition.
• Accounting degree, MBA and/or CPA/CMA
• 10+ years of experience in a cost accounting role with experience in financial reporting, general accounting, SEC reporting and/or public accounting – Pharmaceutical experience a plus
• Knowledge of IFRS and JSOX a plus
• Knowledge of the Oracle financial modules and the underlying business processes in support of those modules
• Outstanding excel skills
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and articulate issues or problems encountered, and quickly form teams to address them
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external parties
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and competing priorities
• Ability to identify and implement process improvements
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet financial reporting deadline
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of maental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.