• Serves as the patient support first point of contact for all cross functional product launch support and collaboration
• Responsible for helping to establish a patient support strategy for each Otsuka launch product that is in line with brand team objectives
• Drives patient access market research and understanding of complex managed market environments to drive strategic design and delivery of Otsuka patient support programs
• Liaise with new Brand teams, Field Sales teams, Market Access, and Trade to establish appropriate Otsuka patient support programs:
– Lead strategic support planning and execution
– Drive patient access market research efforts
– Integration of support resources
– Alignment of strategy, objectives and tactics and budget
• Establish and execute Otsuka patient support programs strategy for each launch brand/ Therapeutic area
– Work collaboratively with ASSURE leadership to ensure vision and objectives are upheld while still supporting individual brand team objectives
• Ownership of marketing agency relationship for launch products and therapeutic areas
– Responsible for development and communication of all patient support program communication assets (print and web)
– Support collateral development for Trade and Managed Markets teams
– Collaborate with Brand teams to ensure on-time delivery of materials
• Participates on brand advisory boards and market research projects
• Exhibits expertise in reimbursement landscape/ disease state to ensure program, resources and materials are relevant for patient population
• Collaborates with ASSURE leadership, Legal and E&C to ensure appropriate field education/ awareness of program offerings
• Partner with Trade team to conduct SP business reviews as applicable
• Partner with HEOR as applicable
• Support tactical execution of brand plans by:
– Aligning patient support program offerings with Brand team objectives
– Healthcare Professional and Patient directed material development
– Budget management: Driving implementation of new initiatives as well as planning for future initiatives
• Bachelor degree is required, MBA preferred
• At least ten years of pharmaceutical industry experience
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience helping to lead patient access launch strategy
• Comprehensive understanding of customer support center designs as well as patient assistance programs
• Robust knowledge of billing and medical claims process and personnel in various healthcare settings including, but not limited to, community health centers, hospitals, physician offices and infusion centers
• Expertise in payer markets including understanding of all major payer segments, payer operations/financial drivers and budgets, formulary access management, coverage decision processes and utilization management.
• Experience with specialty drugs, specialty pharmacies, and relationship with patient support programs
• Strong communication and leadership skills to drive change management
• Superior presentation skills that drive action and strategy
• Experience managing outsource/vendor relationships is required
• Ensure compliance with all OAPI policies and procedures
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, and PowerPoint
Travel (approximately 20-25%)
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of maental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.