The Learning System Specialist position works as part of the learning system team to develop, support and maintain the usage of a very large inter-connected corporate training system. The Learning System Specialist will work closely with both business and technology groups. The ability to react quickly to evolving business requirements and the need to communicate with multiple stakeholders with various backgrounds is critical. Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, teamwork, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships are essential.
• Defines and reviews training system usage workflows and processes with business owners for suitability/fit; suggests alternatives as needed
• Create, maintain and run custom reports, in a timely manner, as designated for analysis and decision making. Create new reports as requested.
• Administration and reporting of other learning systems (JAM, Q-stream)
• Assist in managing external vendors, suppliers, and internal business partners as needed to accomplish learning system solutions
• Continually enhance our methods and materials based on best practices in the industry, emerging technologies, vendor resources and products, business unit requirements and expectations, and feedback from customers, trainers and associates.
• Performs routine administrative work in the training system, like creating training offerings,
• Creates documentation for training system workflows or maintenance process
• Participate in sales training meetings to act as a proactive strategic business partner.
• Bachelors degree in HRD, training, or instructional design, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills and abilities1 to 3 years of Learning Management System (LMS) experience
• Experience with multiple learning systems (portals, Q-Stream etc.)
• Understanding of current approaches in applying technology in learning solutions and experience implementing e-Learning and web-based programs.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is always changing
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once
• Positive can-do attitude; always willing to learn
• Strong analytical/technical skills
• Comfortable with data management/data manipulation
• Resiliency and tolerance of ambiguity
• Experience in pharmaceuticals and/or life sciences
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.