Lead the strategic development and tactical execution of HCP personal promotion plan. Collaborate, align, and coordinate with sales leadership/field sales, HCP multi-channel marketing, promotional medical education, consumer marketing, alliance partner, cross-functional partners, and external agencies to deliver appropriate tactical mix on time and within budget. Develop and deliver a clear communication and implementation plan for all tactics. Ensure alignment with Alliance partner on all strategic and tactical efforts. Manage and mentor two direct reports who will assist in all tactical level responsibilities associated with HCP personal promotion. This position will report to the Director, Brand Lead.
Individual should have a proven track record that demonstrates breadth and depth across marketing competencies and achievement of performance objectives. Strong leadership skills are necessary to lead/contribute to overall sales execution of key deliverables and make an immediate impact. Experience working with cross-functional teams; e.g., Sales, Training & Development, Business Analytics, and Legal/Medical/Regulatory Review Committees (PRC), is required. Ability to work with a sense of urgency, manage ambiguity and lead through dynamic competing internal/external demands is also required.
● Developing HCP personal promotional strategy, aligned with brand strategic imperatives, and executing corresponding tactics that are impactful, compliant, and within budget:
○ Strategic planning and tactical content development and deployment, from conception to execution and evaluation
○ Working closely with legal, medical, & regulatory partners to ensure all field-delivered promotional resources are reviewed and approved by the Promotional Review Committee (PRC), resulting in compliant and impactful deliverables
○ Consistently monitoring project budgets, expenses, and timelines; demonstrating strategic focus and critical thinking to ensure optimal use of limited resources
○ Working with Business Analytics partners (both primary and secondary research) to ensure pull-through of customer insights and market research findings to HCP strategy, messaging, and resources
○ Working closely with Alliance partner to ensure alignment on all promotional efforts
○ Managing HCP creative Agency of Record (AoR)
● Working closely with sales training and development on all salesforce related training materials for new marketing resources and for training content at POA meetings
● Collaborating with sales and sales leadership in identifying needed selling resources, customer concerns, and competitive threats. Developing resources in conjunction with sales and ensuring a consistent feedback loop to gain opportunities for enhancements and to monitor effectiveness
● Managing, directing, and mentoring two direct reports who will assist in all tactical level responsibilities associated with HCP personal promotion
Assisting brand leadership in development of annual strategic and tactical plans, and accountable for providing project updates to senior leadership committe
● B.A. or B.S. degree
● Minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical marketing
● Experience building successful strategic plans able to capture share in a competitive market environment
● Experience leading multi-indication brands/team
● Alliance partnership management
● Experience working on challenger brands/situations
● Proven ability to analyze market landscapes and identify strategic growth opportunities
● Hands-on development and execution of HCP tactics
● Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills as evidenced in marketing plans, strategies, or significant projects
● Proven ability to effectively and efficiently drive performance across a matrix team
● Proven agency management skills (for example, managed the agency of record)
● Knowledge of pharmaceutical legal, regulatory, and medical review processes
● Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
● Experience/knowledge of CNS marketplace, particularly schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
● Business analytics experience
● Sales and/or sales training experience
● Master’s in Business Administration
● Capacity to influence decision making and work done by others over whom you have no formal authority
● Previous experience managing direct reports
● Highly motivated self-starter
● Results driven with high sense of urgency
● Strategic thinker
● Cultural and team fit
● Highly adaptable/flexible (ability to multi-task)
● Ability to navigate within an ambiguous environment
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Organized/detail oriented
● Team player
● Self-awareness, low ego
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.