The Neuroscience Training Manager (TM), is responsible for ongoing training programs to enhance the Neuroscience Account Manager’s ability to successfully perform his/her job. The TM will lead the development and delivery of training programs by collaborating with his/her training team members, Training Operations, marketing, sales teams and PRC team members. The TM will continually assess the training needs of the Account Managers to ensure it is aligned with business goals and maintains the high quality of the sales force. The TM will be involved in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs.
• Works closely with Marketing and Sales to plan for and develop learning programs that support the marketing and sales strategies. Ensures alignment of learning programs with business goals.
• Works closely with National Field Training Managers (NFTM) and Sales Leaders to ensure successful pull through of training programs.
• Assumes role of primary Neuroscience trainer:
Trains Neuroscience Account Managers: product knowledge, marketplace competition, effective communication, basic to advanced selling and negotiation skills, business acumen, administrative procedures, general medical terminology, managed care, and disease management.
Assists with developing and implementing strategic training plans for new product launches.
Supports the NFTM in creation of strategic brand pull through training.
Assists in the design, development, and implementation of the Account Manager training programs in a variety of formats.
• Conducts all Training programs and TTT for National/POA training sessions. Facilitates and evaluates role plays in various selling situations.
• Works with co-promotion partner(s) to develop mutually beneficial training programs.
• Consults with Training Operations and outside vendors in training material development
• Works with and evaluates outside vendors.
• Assesses the training and developmental needs of Account Managers through various methods, including field visits.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the training and takes appropriate steps to continuously enhance the quality of the training curriculum.
• Bachelor’s degree + 3-5 years field sales experience
• Experience utilizing adult learning concepts, state-of-the-art training techniques and proven management principles
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical and managed care environments
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations
• Able to commit to the Training Manager role for a minimum of 2 years
• Experience selling neuroscience products
• Field trainer or other training experience
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.