The Senior Manager, Forecasting role within the Business Analytics & Insights organization at Otsuka is responsible for developing and managing rigorous commercial forecasts for all Otsuka assets. Scope of responsibility includes forecasts for early development assets, pre-launch assets, inline assets, business development opportunities and life-cycle opportunities. Moreover, forecasting oversight spans across all disease areas of company interest, including Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders, Renal disease, Oncology, and Digital Medicine. The Senior Manager, Forecasting role reports directly to the Director of Forecasting as part of the Business Analytics & Insights organization. Key stakeholders include senior management, brand leads, business development/early development leads, cross-functional partners (brand analytics, finance, trade, market access, supply chain, etc.), as well as current/potential partner companies.
• Lead/support revenue forecasting for US assets, including early development assets, pre-launch assets, inline assets, business development opportunities, life-cycle opportunities, mid/long term planning and portfolio review processes.
• Lead/support the development of comprehensive, transparent, and standardized forecasting models that meet the business needs and are informed by the most appropriate approach (e.g., historic time-series models, patient models, Rx models and other forecast methodologies).
• Ensure that forecasts are robust and credible by fully leveraging available secondary data, primary market research data and competitive intelligence data.
• Lead collaboration with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to review forecast assumptions, ensure consistency, transparency, and robustness of all inputs and outputs.
• Clearly communicate the revenue forecast and associated range to key stakeholders. Proactively identify potential risks and opportunities to inform strategic and tactical business decisions.
• Lead analytic team members, contractors, and external agencies to increase & enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytics to improve continually the quality of forecast models and results.
• Identify and evaluate proactively relevant data sources, analytical tools, or industry best practices that will enhance customer, market and competitive understanding to inform forecasting work.
• BS/BA in marketing science, operations research, public health, business or similar is required; MS/MBA or advanced degree preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in forecasting role or commercial analytics in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Previous experience in consulting, investment banking and/or commercial assessments for pharmaceutical/biotechnology area is a plus.
• Previous experience in disease areas of CNS, Renal, Oncology is a plus.
• Strong experience in processing and analyzing various epidemiology or syndicated datasets for pharmaceutical industry (including Xponent PlanTrak, NSP, NPA, APLD, MHA, CDM, Fingertip, HCOS, DDD, Truven, DRG etc.).
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience in ForecastPro, SAS, SQL, or R is a plus
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral & written), with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently as well as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.