The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director, Brand Analytics, are to:
• Function as a proactive, consultative business partner who works with key brand stakeholders to inform business decisions through rigorous analyses and actionable insights.
• Provide strategic and tactical analytics support and business recommendations to CNS (Central Nervous System) brand teams through the analysis and interpretation of secondary market research data.
• Work with large syndicated pharmaceutical data sets (from IQVIA) to provide a comprehensive view of the market, noting strengths and limitations of the data / approach.
• Develop market maps and patient journey models to inform business strategy and brand forecasting models.
• Develop and maintain short-term and long-term inline brand forecasts. Collaborate with brand leadership and finance team on a periodic basis to update the forecasts. Able to decompose the forecast into basic building blocks and use it for creating key goals for performance tracking of the brand.
• Develop key driver models and subsequent segmentation schema to group target HCPs into actionable segments and provide inputs for sales force optimization, resource allocation, and multi-channel tactics across all customer types.
• Develop response models / ROI measurement for various personal and non-personal promotional channels, run marketing mix models /resource allocation simulations, pro-forma investment analysis, and communicate findings to brand leadership.
• Support product and market opportunity assessments, situational analyses, trend identification, market sizing, and competitive landscape research.
• Manage metrics and key performance indicators to track brand strategy, tactics and market performance.
• Develop and operationalize ongoing reporting needs.
• Proactively identify business opportunities and insights through secondary data mining and share with key stakeholders.
• Create a strategic advantage for the brand by combining the best available information with the best tools to drive decision making and evaluation of results from a strong basis in data and robust analytics.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners to integrate analytics information and insights with other information sources, such as market research.
• Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D.) in quantitative field highly desired (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Economics etc.);
• 5+ Years Pharmaceutical Experience
• Should have capability of doing hands-on analytics work
• Understanding of various syndicated pharmaceutical datasets from IQVIA, formulary data from MMIT/Fingertip Formulary
• Programming/Coding proficiency in SQL and experience and/or understanding of other statistical tools such as R and SAS
• Experience in data reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Power BI etc
• Strong analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge with the ability to understand the big picture
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated in management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations
• Proven team and project leadership skills, and ability to work independently
• Experienced in identifying and retrieving appropriate data and analyzing secondary market research audits and resources (e.g. IMS, Symphony, Specialty Pharmacy)
• Expert in handling and analyzing various data types (e.g., patient longitudinal data, claims data, distribution, sales, demand, units, promotion, formulary)
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.