The Otsuka ASSURE National Director will lead Otsuka’s field-based patient support organization. This position will play a key role in the development and management of our patient access support services and strategies across the Otsuka portfolio for current and future products. Additionally, the National Director will play the leading role in establishing a compliant and patient-support-focused culture. This individual will be an agent and leader of positive change and have proven experience developing solutions that improve patient access to prescribed medications and treatment. This individual is a strong communicator and inspires passion across direct report and matrix teams.
The Otsuka ASSURE National Director will work in collaboration with the Senior Director, Otsuka ASSURE Patient Support Services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: manage effectiveness of field based patient support organization, establish clear and appropriate goals and objectives related to patient support, identify patient access and program performance trends that need to be escalated and followed through to resolution, assist with the implementation of new services, program enhancements, and operational efficiencies, develop direct reports, conduct regular patient support reviews with field leadership and field work sessions with Otsuka ASSURE Program Managers, work effectively and establish and maintain relationships with Otsuka stakeholders, effectively manage field finance and budget matters, and analyze data to identify trends related to program outcomes, and patient persistence. Work collaboratively with finance, legal, regulatory and compliance personnel.
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the bio/pharma industry with at least 5 years of substantive management experience in: patient support, reimbursement and access, specialty pharmacies, and specialty distribution.
• Experience with injectable products acquired through the medical benefit
• Expertise in the US healthcare and reimbursement system
• Experience in US Healthcare Patient Support environment
• Extensive senior leadership with experience effectively managing large teams
• Firm understanding of, and appreciation for, current legal, compliance, and regulatory environment related to manufacturer patient support programs
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix team environment
• Excellent planning and strategy development while executing against tight timelines
• High emotional intelligence in managing multiple business initiatives and cross-functional relationships
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA or Master's Degree preferred
• Experience in CNS, renal disease, and oncology
• Experience working with products requiring REMS
Travel (approximately 50%)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI) is an innovative, fast-growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka-discovered and in-licensed products in the U.S. With a strong focus on neuroscience, oncology, cardio-renal and medical device, OAPI is dedicated to improving patient health and the quality of human life. OAPI is part of the Otsuka Group companies. For more information, visit www.otsuka-us.com.