The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for contributing to the strategic development and overseeing tactical implementation of marketing programs designed to drive brand awareness, increase adoption and contribute to the achievement of business objectives for an assigned product in the CNS arena.
This position will report to the US HCP Marketing lead. The position requires a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with cross function partners to ensure strategic alignment and accomplish complex deliverables (i.e. lead brand planning, sample optimization, POA development, brand communications, etc.)
• Plan, identify, create and produce HCP promotional materials, programs, and activities needed to support brand strategies to meet business objectives.
• Collaborate with alliance and agency partners in the execution of HCP strategic and tactical plans
o Agency management – Work with the AOR to develop and deliver all of the tactical elements of the promotional mix
• Serve as brand to the field sales teams to drive effective communication of brand priorities and seek feedback to improve marketing tactics
• Work with cross-functional team to develop, coordinate, and execute Field Sales Plan of Action (POA) meetings.
• Work with market research and analytics to identify and implement metrics to gain market insights and measure performance on brand initiatives and programs.
• Effectively drive tactics through the Medical, Legal, and Regulatory approval process.
• Monitor products, marketplace, and competitor trends and issues to anticipate/identify threats and opportunities. Make recommendations and develops tactics to respond to threats and opportunities.
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical HCP marketing experience
• Proven business analysis skills
• Proven agency management skills (for example, managed the agency of record, managed agency pitches for RFPs, etc.)
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical legal, promotional compliance, and medical review processes
• Strong written and oral communication skills as well as good presentation skills
• Experience/knowledge of CNS marketplace, particularly, Major depressive disorder (MDD), schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder
• Brand and/or Indication Launch experience
• US HCP/PME Marketing experience
• Sales and/or sales training experience
• Master’s in Business Administration
• JV/partnership experience
• Capacity to influence decision making and work done by others over whom you have no formal authority
• Highly adaptable/Flexible (ability to multi-task)
• Cultural and Team Fit
• Ability to navigate within an ambiguous environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly Motivated
• Strategic Thinker
• Results Driven with high sense of urgency
• Organized/Detail Oriented
• Team player
• Self-awareness, low-ego
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.