The Travel & Expense Manager will be responsible for the management of all aspects of Travel and Expense administration, including overseeing and ensuring adherence to the Company’s Travel and Expense Policy to drive efficiencies, cost savings and traveler safety. This will include management of our corporate travel management company (America Express), expense reporting system (Concur), corporate-wide American Express credit card program along with other travel vendor relationships and programs.
This position will lead in the development, implementation, and execution of travel-related (air, hotel, ground transportation etc.) supplier management strategies to optimize the company’s travel program cost, quality and service levels. It will also manage existing travel-related programs, policies and procedures, supplier negotiations/relations, and provide travel reporting and analysis. The individual will lead key travel initiatives to support the ongoing transformation and continuous improvement by conducting reviews of travel program including processes and travel management system/software.
• Negotiates preferred vendors and manages the implementation of new travel program vendors, including, but not limited to, airlines, hotels, car rental, and travel management companies. Manages relationships and tracks vendor performance through issue database, and leading quarterly vendor reviews. Tracks and maintains metrics on vendor savings and rebates.
• Coordinates with key internal stakeholders, including, but not limited to Travel Risk Management, Legal, HR, Finance, Global Mobility and Event Planning.
• Assists with the travel portion of the annual expense budget and manages requests from internal and external auditors. Responsible for determining cost transfers and allocations associated with Travel Management.
• Provides quarterly and ad hoc training sessions for global travel planners and coordinators. Communicates key trends and issues that may impact RGA’s traveling community.
• Create and manage data metrics to track supplier performance and cost effectiveness of travel programs; analyze and report on business performance, make recommendations to enhance program and seek avenues to enhance cost savings and efficiencies for process improvement. Drafts regular revisions of Global Travel Policy and U.S. Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy.
• Participates in special projects, departmental, functional and corporate initiatives, and assignments. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Category Business Leaders within the HR, Technical Operations, Travel, Legal, Corporate Services, Marketing and Sales organization
• Corporate Meeting Planning
• Vendor/supplier base for assigned categories
• Senior Leadership Team (C-Level)
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Finance, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• 3-5 years for Manager level and 5 to 7 level for Sr. Manager in the Travel industry experience
• Meeting planning and travel consultant experience required
• Must have Concur, Worldspan/Sabre experience
• Microsoft Office with excellent excel skills including pivot tables
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong collaboration, problem solving and research skill
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Solid working experience with services providers, including pricing, quality, and delivery
• Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing process flows preferred
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills especially with regard to benchmarking
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• The ability to design and implement business processes and related metrics
• The ability to effectively create process across organizational boundaries
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Market Intelligence – gather and use market intelligence to improve negotiated results
• Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and maintain successful working relationships
• Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills with the ability to influence the behavior of others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Strong team building skills across client, business leaders, and suppliers
• Potential for ~ 10% to 25% business travel.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.