The Senior Manager, Training and Development, collaborates and communicates closely with the senior leaders in the Training and Development Department to develop and drive achievement of department objectives and responsibilities. Coordinates closely with their peer Senior Training Managers and Associate Director of Training and Development Operations to ensure that learning needs are identified, training programs are developed and learning experiences are implemented which strengthen the capabilities of a specialized Field Sales Force. Works cross functionally with Brand teams, Field Sales Leadership, Medical and other internal key stakeholders to ensure Training and Development programs/deliverables are in alignment with brand/company strategies and support achievement of the commercial business objectives.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing and coaching the Training Managers to ensure the development and delivery of training programs enhances the functional and technical skills of the Field Sales Force. In this role, the Senior Manager works with the Training Manager team to oversee the development and delivery of training programs including concept design, materials development, implementation and learning transfer. The leader in this role must leverage best practices across the department and assist the Training Managers in identifying existing course content and multi-media delivery channels to enhance the impact of the training. Continually assesses the training and developmental needs of the Field Sales Force to identify opportunities for improvement and unmet needs. Constantly evaluates the appropriateness and overall effectiveness of the training programs within their area of responsibility.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the coaching and development of the Training Managers that report to him/her. This includes development of functional/technical skills needed for their roles, with support of the Training and Development Operations Team, as well development of leadership competencies and skills.
• Collaborates and communicates with peer Senior Leaders in Training and Development Department to achieve department objectives
• Works cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to develop training programs that support achievement of the commercial business objectives
• Coaches, develops and manages assigned Training Managers
• Oversees the Training Managers’ design, development, and implementation of the Field Sales Representative training programs in a variety of formats
• Supports the Training Managers in assessing the effectiveness of the training and creation of follow-up programs for continuation of Field Sales personnel development
• Supports the Training Managers in surveying vendor training resources, evaluating resources, and recommending outside vendor training resources/programs as necessary.
• Works with co-promotion partner(s) and Training Managers to develop mutually beneficial training programs
• Ability to adapt, work through conflicts, and persuasively influence outcomes
• Able to lead and manage in a fast-paced business environment
• Able to effectively manage Brand/Training and Development budgets, leverage resources in formal and informal reporting structures
• In conjunction with Training and Development Operations, collects and analyzes performance data for program participants and uses results to make recommendations to senior leaders
Leads the Training Managers in the development and implementation of strategic training plans for new product launches.
• Bachelor’s degree +5 years pharmaceutical sales experience
• Training and/or management experience
• Experience utilizing adult learning concepts, state-of-the-art training techniques and proven management principles
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, e-Learning applications, and internet-based support tools
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical and managed care environments
• Must be able to act independently and handle multiple priorities and assignments simultaneously
• Demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to independently initiate and deliver on projects
• Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
• Strategic agility
• Emotional Intelligence
• Leading and building effective teams
• Developing direct reports and others
• Motivating others
• Drive for results
• Managing and measuring work
• Customer Focus
• Political Savvy
• Dealing with Ambiguity
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.