The Manager, of Training and Development ASSURE team is responsible for ongoing training programs to enhance the ASSURE Program Managers ability to successfully perform their jobs. Assists in the development and delivery of training programs including concept design, materials development and implementation. Continually assesses the training and developmental needs of the ASSURE Program Managers to ensure and maintain the high quality of the field force. Evaluates the effectiveness of the training programs. Works with and serves as a resource to Marketing and Management teams to ensure consistency of training programs to strategy.
This position will primarily partner with the ASSURE team.
Assists with other functional teams and special projects as needed.
• Assumes role of primary trainer for ASSURE team including delivering current and future product training for supported brands, and all other topics covered in Basic and Advanced Training curriculum for the ASSURE Program Managers.
• Trains ASSURE Program Managers in product knowledge, marketplace, effective communication, basic to advanced functional skills and behaviors, business acumen, computer operations, administrative procedures, general medical terminology, managed care, and disease management.
• Assists in the design, development, and implementation of training programs in a wide variety of formats including written and other media-based training.
• Conducts Basic Training programs and National/POA meeting training sessions.
• Creates follow-up programs for continuation of ASSURE Program Managers development.
• Works closely with other functional teams.
• Evaluates and recommends outside vendor training resources and programs.
• Continually assesses the training and developmental needs of ASSURE Program Managers through various methods including regularly scheduled field visits.
• Assists with developing and implementing training plans.
• Attends various management and training programs for continued personal and professional growth.
• Evaluates trainee performance and keeps Field Management informed of progress.
• Facilitates and evaluates role-plays.
o BS/BA Degree
o Deep understanding of reimbursement and managed care environment
o Ability to develop and facilitate training classes/workshops
o Excellent communication/presentation skills (both oral and written)
o Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel)
o Excellent planning and organization skills
o 2+ years specialty pharmaceutical experience
o Field Trainer, District Manager or other training experience
• Physical Demands:
o Willingness/Ability to Travel up to 15-20%
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI) is an innovative, fast-growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka-discovered and in-licensed products in the U.S. With a strong focus on neuroscience, oncology, cardio-renal and medical device, OAPI is dedicated to improving patient health and the quality of human life. OAPI is part of the Otsuka Group companies. For more information, visit