This position is a centralized governance role to help to stand up and administer the new vendor management program. Key activities include:
• Creating a centralized governance model
• Develop and mature the program by researching and bringing in best practices
• Develop standards and templates to be used across Otsuka
• Influence various business units to ensure consistency in the approach
• Strategic oversight, guidance, sourcing, monitoring, governance and controls over external vendors and internal affiliate
• Ensure vendor adherence to all heightened Operational, Information Security, IT, Compliance and Regulatory standards
• Create and execute centralized reporting to monitor vendor performance against critical and contractual service level agreements. Development of performance scorecards covering all key client experience milestones
• Staying abreast of current industry practices and bringing innovative ideas proactively into Otsuka
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, possess the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and be able to set and manage priorities. He/she will need to liaise effectively with various Otsuka teams across different lines of business. Further, he/she should be a great communicator and influencer, and can creatively present executive level presentations, well in front of large groups and executives.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Business.
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years, in strategic sourcing, building a vendor management program, or managing large, complex vendor relationships is required.
• Demonstrable understanding of the end-to-end technology sourcing process.
• Excellent computer skills including Oracle Business Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SharePoint Management.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to analyze data and determine creative ways to present the data to tell the story.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and executives across business and technology units.
• Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities simultaneously
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.