This position will be responsible for representing OAPI with key assigned US trade customers. This includes interacting with all required payer channels and trade customers to attain and maintain optimal access for OAPI market brands. The position will report to Director, Trade and Specialty OAPI Market Access.
Develops, negotiates and implements Distribution Service Agreements with pertinent wholesalers.
Direct Accounts (Wholesalers, SP’s, SD’s):
• ABC/HD Smith, Smith Drug, Orsini, DirectRx, Diplomat, ANDA, Besse, Value Drug, etc.
• Annual Gross Sales ~$750M
Indirect Accounts (Retailers):
• CVS, Rite Aid, Wal-Mart, Thrifty White, Giant Eagle, etc.
• Annual Gross Sales Total ~ $675M
• Account owner for key Trade accounts (Wholesalers, SP’s, SD’s, and Retailers)
• Work closely with Digital Medicine Team on all initiatives to support commercial launch and other projects
• Lead / implement opportunities with retail targets (LCC’s, etc.)
• Contribute to compliance requirements with reimbursement/REMS programs, when applicable
• Develop and communicate key messages to internal and external channel partners
• Identify opportunities within the trade and distribution channels that enhance OAPI business operations
• Contribute to development of product and channel specific contract strategies
• Ensure compliance with all OAPI policies and procedures
• Execute all regional specific Annual Business Plans
• Conducts all activities in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and company policies.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
• Minimum of five years of pharmaceutical Team Leadership/Managed Markets Account/Trade Management leadership experience strongly preferred
• Five or more years of demonstrated track record of success in pharmaceutical commercial operations
• Exceptional track record in business to business negotiations
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategic contracting plans for key customer segments.
• Experience in neuroscience, oncology, hospital products and medical device products is preferred
• Experience with pre-launch drugs and new product launches is preferred
• Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative targets and goals
• Ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams and in an environment of rapid change
• Excellent written, organizational and verbal communication skills a must.
• Proficient in MS Office products including PowerPoint, Word, Access and Excel.
• Flexible location – must have convenient access to an airport providing efficient and economical travel options to account locations
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.