This position is responsible for the oversight of day-to-day sample operations and compliance activities as they relate to PDMA and OAPI Sample Policy and Procedure. Maintains overall responsibility for managing Sample Policy and Procedure adherence on behalf of the Sales Organization. This position will work closely with various internal stakeholders such as; Marketing, EQC and Sales Management to effectively provide the necessary support. This position will work closely with various external stake holders such as 3rd party vendors to support Sample Reconciliation, Fulfillment, Shipment and Help Desk support. Provide project management and operational support to the sales and marketing functions in order to identify their sampling needs and decision support requirements.
1. Collaborate with 3rd Party vendor in managing the day to day operations for Sample Operations, Reconciliation and Compliance in support of OAPI PDMA Sample Policy and Procedure – on behalf of the Pharmaceutical Sales Organization
• Understand, document and communicate OAPI Sample Policy and Procedure direction to OAPI Field Sales Force employees.
• Monitor the tracking of adherence to OAPI Sample Policy and procedure for the Pharmaceutical Sales Organization
• Effectively collaborates with EQC & Legal to support non-compliance related sampling activities.
• Provide internal oversight ensuring Sales Operations personnel strictly adhere to all corporate and department guidelines, under the supervision of Sr. Manager Sample Operations.
2. Create various reports detailing, sampling usage, inventory and allocations across Sales Teams.
3. Collaborate with other internal sale operations colleagues to enhance operating efficiencies..
4. Ensure all processes implemented are in compliance with OAPI SOPs.
5. Develop and maintain stringent quality control process and measures that ensures the accuracy of all reports and information disseminated from Sales Operations
• A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required
• Five or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Two or more years’ experience with The Prescription Drug Marketing Act .
• Demonstrated proficiency with business analysis, project planning, written and verbal communications, presentation and interpersonal skills is required.
• The candidate should have advanced hands-on experience with sales force automation tool (or equivalent), Microsoft Access (or equivalent), PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Experience within Pharmaceutical Sales Force Compliance role
• Experience with the Prescription Drug Marketing Act.
• Sales or Sales Operations is preferred
• SQL or database query skills desired.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.