The Manager/Senior Manager Sales Analytics is responsible for providing field force reporting, analytics and decision support insights to all levels of the sales force organization, as well as directing the enablement, administration and oversight of sales force analytics Business Intelligence (BI) tools and other decision support initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Analytics & Automation, this function requires a commercial operations leader who possesses a strong business acumen, has a solid understanding of pharmaceutical sales & marketing processes, data sources, advanced analytics and data sciences methods and tools, as well as a working knowledge of field force support practices and decision support systems enablement and governance.
As a member of the Sales Analytics team, the Manager/Senior Manager Sales Analytics works on implementation of new Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and provides support services associated with their day-to-day operations, maintenance, quality assurance, enhancements and underlying data structures. This role is also responsible for providing ad-hoc/gap analytics and reports to all levels of field sales management and other commercial stakeholders in support of their ongoing efforts to achieve sales targets and track sales execution results.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, the Manager/Senior Manager Sales Analytics serves as first line of support for field force solutions service requests including: reporting and sales data field inquiry management, help desk escalations and triage, related communications, training and change management. This role also supports information and KPI governance efforts and assists with maintaining the integrity of analytical data stores and underlying data sources quality.
1. Understands and represents the needs of the Otsuka field force, identifies and maintains field force analytics & reporting requirements ensuring recommendations are implemented as part of ongoing solution upgrades or planed new implementations. Leads activities associated with the maintenance and support of the BI tools. Presents recommendations to senior field force management and other home office management as necessary.
2. Responsible for the preparation, quality assurance, communication, distribution, and maintenance of field force ad-hoc/gap analytics and standard reports (weekly, monthly quarterly, etc.) via automated field force reporting & analytics tools. Recipients of this information include senior field force management, as well as home office stakeholders.
3. Provides reporting and analyses to Sales Operations and other home office functions in support of the execution of sales and brand strategies & tactics including sales performance, sales goal setting, brand performance, territory alignments, reach & frequency, incentive compensation, sale force effectiveness, promotional programs, etc.
4. Maintains stringent quality control processes and measures that ensure the accuracy of all reports and analysis disseminated to the field force. This includes quality assurance of all inbound and outbound data and metrics and continuous alignment and coordination with Information Governance and Information Technology departments to ensure data integrity and Metrics/KPI’s consistency.
5. Focusing on continuous improvement, collaborates with Information Technology department to research and evaluate tools and resources in the marketplace to attain best in class technology capabilities and ensure alignment with business and analytics needs. Partners with Business Analytics and Information Governance departments as well third-party data providers to source and onboard appropriate data and data management services. Aligns with Sales & Brand Marketing leadership to define business rules, develop metrics, key performance indicators and critical success factors to measure field force performance and drive productivity.
6. Acts as a change management agent and knowledge transfer leader for field force BI tools, ad-hoc/gap reporting and analytics usage. Defines, plans and executes effective communications and training activities for reporting & analytics solutions and deliverables. Develops communications for new BI tools releases, enhancements, tool utilization best practices and FAQ’s. Leads training activities for new systems, new hires, remedial training and train-the-trainer. Manages training vendors and creates training content and modules.
7. Aggregates and/or integrates data from a variety of disparate sources and systems into databases and models for data-driven decision making. Analyzes large and complex data sets to solve business challenges and present insights to non-analytics minded individuals. Applies analytical techniques correlated to business value and selects the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand.
8. Serves as primary point of escalation and resolution for all sales analytics inquiries, data investigations, and help-desk tickets originated from the field force and internal teams. Performs root cause analyses for escalated tickets leading to the successful resolution of reporting & analytics related issues.
9. Utilizes advanced analytics methodologies and techniques to solve complex business problems including univariable & multivariate analytical and promotional responsiveness, quantitative analyses, data modeling, customer identification and segmentation, ROI analyses, predictive scoring models relating provider/patient/payer stakeholders, prescriptive analyses for insights & suggestions, while utilizing data extraction and data sciences tools.
10. Performs/directs/supports special projects as assigned (e.g. product launch analytics, business expansions, co-promotion, predictive/prescriptive analytics, etc.). Proactively and regularly provides Sales Operations and Sales Force leadership with reporting & analytics initiatives project plans, project status reports, issues/issue resolution plan, and other project and program management reports
• A BS/BA required in business, life sciences, economics, mathematics or statistics.
• 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in sales, sales operations or business analytics required.
• 5-7 years of experience in business intelligence, sales analytics, data sciences, as well as data integration and modeling.
• Experience providing analytics and decision support to functional areas including sales management, targeting & alignments, incentives & compensation, marketing analytics, marketing intelligence, product management, managed markets, trade relations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with pharmaceutical data sources including physician level sales and prescribing data, account level sales data, payer, claims, formulary, HCP affiliations, patient utilization data, internal field force promotional data (e.g. calls, meeting attendance, samples, promotional programs).
• Experience in advanced business analytics (e.g. predictive analytics, regression techniques, time series models, scoring, scenario-based models, statistical and econometric models, probabilistic estimation, etc.).
• Proficiency in SQL and other data extraction and analytical tools such as SAS. Experience with Excel and Power Point.
• Strong analytical skills with proven experience in preparing business analyses. Fully proficient in analytics methodologies, data management and mining tools.
• Excellent collaboration, customer service, communication and facilitation skills. Ability to facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners and to interact with all levels of the organization across multiple functional areas.
• Strong project and program management experience. Ability to plan, organize and deploy reporting & analytics resources according to priority or importance. Demonstrated experience in managing outside consultants.
• Solid individual and team management experience, cross-functional team coordination and managing in a matrix structure.
• Master’s degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Business Administration, Management Science or Engineering.
• Working knowledge of information governance including data quality methodologies and practices.
• Experience in using advanced analytics and data sciences languages including R and Python.
• Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry CRM solutions and tools (e.g. data warehouses, sales force automation tools sales reporting tools, Customer-360, closed loop marketing applications, promotional programs management tools).
• Ability to think strategically and to manage and resolve conflicting/competing priorities.
• Ability to innovate and identify better ways of doing things and getting others involved about improved methods and procedures.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.