This position reports to the Sr. Director, OAPI Marketing Operations lead. Marketing Operations provides operational support and project management for OAPI brand teams and Commercial Operations Functional Teams.
The individual selected for this position will be primarily responsible for leading Commercial business needs and key business initiatives, directly providing project management and operational leadership to the Digital Medicine Commercial team on a full-time basis. This position will provide direct support to plan and execute launch preparation activities and communication activities, collaborate with Agency partners, lead POA and other sales meeting preparation and other priority commercial support needs.
Responsibilities will include Project Management of full initiatives or major workstreams, facilitation of commercial team meetings, creating Sr. Management presentations, and developing and maintaining project plans and budgets.
This role includes working cross-functionally with all commercial teams including: Sales, Business Analytics/ Market Research, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Sales Training, Finance, Regulatory, Legal, Promotional Compliance, EQC, and others.
The right candidate for this position will not only have strong project management skills, but also the ability to think strategically, adding value to the brand team beyond basic operations. He/She will have the ability to motivate and energize cross-functional teams, have strong emotional intelligence with an ability to contribute both strategically and tactically. He/She must be comfortable with ambiguity and adept at implementing change, as well as possess good judgement with the ability to make good decisions in a timely manner, even at times without the availability of full data. He/She must have a high degree of self-motivation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean, start-up environment.
Marketing Project Management Lead:
• Adapt Digital Medicines materials & collateral to support implementation programs
• Manage all aspects of PRC process and review
• Work with Agency & internal team to manage printing & storage for materials
• Manage field communication/updates & field logistics through INGENIOUS
• Oversee special projects for the Digital Medicines team
• Manage all Sales Meetings and POAs. Liaise with sales training, website management and system support (as required)
• Work collaboratively with Business Analytics and Insights to provide key decision making data and information to the Digital Medicine leadership team
• Preview PRC/Law submissions to ensure consistency with lexicon
• Manage/facilitate weekly commercial team meeting
• Responsible for all aspects of budget management including; compiling, processing & managing SOWs, budget tracking; invoice tracking and spend to date
• Maintain timeline for all activities & identify critical interdependencies
Governance/ Major Meeting Materials:
• Partner with Brand Leadership to prepare presentations internally and with cross-functional and alliance partners
• Gather/ synthesize relevant content
• Provide input into contents and story
• Present as appropriate
• BA/BS degree
• Expertise in independently managing large projects with multiple workstreams
• Results-driven with a high sense of urgency and accountability: ability to meet business objectives, deliverables, and timely completion of initiatives with a cross-functional team
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the mental health market
• Strong capability as an adaptive learner
• Ego agnostic leader who provides mentoring to all staff, including management
• Ability to motivate and energize cross functional teams and direct reports
• Possesses the ability and judgment to take necessary and decisive action to successfully achieve digital medicine mission
• Strong emotional intelligence with an ability to contribute both strategically and tactically
• Unwavering commitment to excellence and driving quality outcomes for the business
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean, start-up environment
• Spirit of generosity; tilting reciprocity to benefit the business and employees as opposed to oneself
• Desire to negotiate decisions, at times in the absence of full data, with the best interest of the business in mind
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and adept at implementing change
• Experience partnering directly with brand teams and brand leadership
• Expertise with key business software including PowerPoint, and project management/ timeline software such as Microsoft Project
• High standards for accuracy in written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal and communication/ presentation skills
• Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical market research and business analytics resources and ability to incorporate into strategies and materials
• 8-10 years of pharmaceutical industry and/or operational experience
• Strategic planning experience within sales and marketing
• Highly proficient in creating senior leadership presentations
• Certification as a Project Management professional or Six Sigma preferred
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of maental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary