This position is part of a high performing team that provides actionable, innovative solutions to address key business questions & opportunities. The position requires a person who can work independently with limited supervision and feel comfortable working across a complex matrix environment including interaction with third party vendors and consultants, OAPI management and current and potential partner companies. Documented expertise in a variety of disciplines is a plus in this position.
This position requires specialized knowledge of and experience in pharmaceutical industry analytics in general and Targeting/Sales Force Optimization practices in particular.
• Understand organizational/brand strategy to develop Targeting Criteria
• Responsible for planning, development, oversight, and timely deployment of Target Lists and Call plans ensuring full compliance with all regulations and SOPs.
• Leads content development, coordinates and co-facilitates Executive Target Review Committee meetings.
• Working with cross functional teams, translate organizational strategy into actionable targeting plan
• Develops and maintains stringent quality control process and measures that ensure the accuracy of all reports and information disseminated.
• Work closely with contractors and external suppliers to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
• Flexibility to adapt quickly to new roles and or responsibilities in dynamically-evolving business
• Ability to work with ambiguity and lead deep dive analytics on Business Performance with cross- functional teams whose members consist of Brand Marketing, Target Review Committee, Sales Operations, Payer Marketing and Payer Account Executives
• BA/BS with minimum 8 years pharmaceutical industry experience; or Master’s Degree (quantitative/high-science specialty) with minimum 6 years pharmaceutical industry experience
• Strong experience applying good targeting practices is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, cross-functional projects simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team player in a very fast-paced environment
• Strong experience in processing and analyzing various syndicated as well as specialty pharmacy data
• Strong in one or more data analytical suites such as SAS, SQL etc.
• Must be open to adapting to new roles within the organization
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.