This position will report to the Head of US CNS Portfolio Optimization and will drive the commercial strategic framework of the US CNS portfolio. This individual will be required to work collaboratively across the Otsuka CNS organization to develop aligned, cohesive, integrated commercial strategies designed to optimize OAPI CNS revenues on a mid to long-term basis. This will include ensuring alignment with key stakeholders such as CNS Sales and Marketing leadership, the US-based OPCJ Global Marketing team and others.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establishing aligned portfolio optimization framework and key associated deliverables
• Driving US CNS portfolio strategies based on a deep knowledge of commercial markets, customer insights and competitive intelligence
• Partnering with marketing and sales teams to optimize the portfolio, including messaging, positioning and tactics and informing development strategies through strong commercial insights
• Ensuring strategic coordination between product strategies
• Partnering with key internal stakeholders with a focus on marketing, early commercial development, medical affairs, launch excellence, customer insights, HEOR and market access to ensure strategies are focused on maximization of revenue across the portfolio
• Proactively leading and contributing to portfolio strategy, driving the development of new ideas and new business and coordinating input from cross-functional, cross-company teams
• Building strong networks within the company to identify and pursue opportunities
• Managing and delivering portfolio strategy by developing cross-functional teams, assessing risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing/challenging the output produced by the teams
• Working with internal analytics teams to conduct effective portfolio strategy valuations
• Developing strategies to solve complex commercial challenges
• Mid to long- term portfolio optimization strategies that are aligned across the organization and implemented
• Commercial viability assessments from CNS portfolio perspective
• Input into CNS and Brand Strategic Plans (LCM component)
• Input into New Product Commercialization/Global Marketing team and Strategy team planning to ensure the portfolio perspective is included
• BS/BA degree (science degree and/or MBA preferred) with a minimum of 7 years in the pharmaceutical industry
• 5+ years of proven experience in professional marketing and/or brand planning
• Launch experience and commercialization of new products
• In-line brand management experience
• Global and local marketing experience
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Proven ability to influence without authority and work with cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of brand strategic imperatives
• Proven ability in managing external agencies and vendors
• Demonstrated strategic thinking capability
• Demonstrated ability to deliver aligned, cross-organizational/company strategic plans leading to commercial differentiation and optimized revenues
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including willingness to constructively challenge the status quo
• Excellent planning, organizational skills & attention to detail
• Good EQ and self-awareness with ability to flex personal style to suit environment and audience
• Ability to meet business objectives, team deliverables, and timely completion of duties and projects
• Knowledge of the company’s products, the competition, and the pharmaceutical industry in general
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Strong knowledge of the company’s working tools, processes, and policies
• Ability to function effectively under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks, both individually and across a team to achieve established deadlines
• High learning agility with strong adaptive learner capability
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong work ethic, pro-active, self-starter
• Depth in commercialization experience
• Knowledge of clinical development and LCM programs
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 50,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.