The Sr. Analyst, Trade Operations (Nephrology) is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, processes and procedures within the Channel Strategy and Patient Support function. This position will be primarily responsible for case management activities, working with various internal teams as well as external channel stakeholders to address patient access issues through resolution. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Trade Operations.
• Perform case management activities in a matrix environment to resolve patient access issues
• Liaison with specialty pharmacy stakeholders and field teams daily to track cases through resolution
• Participate in weekly calls with specialty pharmacy stakeholders to discuss open cases and trends; communicate to appropriate internal team for follow-up
• Partner with internal operations and data analytics teams to evaluate root causes of issues, identify solutions, and work with appropriate teams to implement
• Assist with the implementation of new services and operational efficiencies to enhance specialty pharmacy model
• Prepare reports and presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) with specialty pharmacy stakeholders
• Develop and communicate key messages to internal and external channel partners
• Ensure the highest level of ethics, quality, and compliance by demonstrating in depth knowledge of laws that govern channel and access related work
• Ensure compliance with all OAPI policies and procedures
• Conducts all activities in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and company policies
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with case management and specialty pharmacy networks strongly preferred
• Three to Five years of pharmaceutical stakeholder/vendor management experience strongly preferred
• Three to Five years of healthcare industry related experience preferred
• Experience in Nephrology preferred
• Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team and in an environment of rapid change
• Excellent written, organizational, verbal, presentation, and communication skills a must
• Proficient in MS Office products including PowerPoint, Word, and Exce
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 50,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.