The Senior Scientist Clinical Pharmacology will help develop and implement clinical pharmacology programs that support product development, registration, differentiation and personalization. The Senior Scientist will interact with team members to identify and define mechanisms of action, biomarkers and new drug targets. The Senior Scientist is expected to help design clinical pharmacology trials and select pharmacokinetic (PK)/pharmacodynamic (PD) /biomarker assessments in all phases of development, work on development of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PB-PK) models extrapolating animal to human and within human for prediction of changes in PK with new formulations, disease state, pediatric, etc., conduct PK/PD analysis and reporting, contribute relevant sections to regulatory filings, work with pharmacometricians to develop PK/PD models and contribute to commercial strategies.
• Minimum of PhD or PharmD required
• Minimum of 2-5 years PK/PD experience required
• Able to work with minimal supervision and think independently
• Has demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity and collaboration with others.
• Has worked on problems in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Solid understanding of clinical pharmacology with knowledge of PK/drug metabolism and human physiology
• Mathematical computing skills
• Ability to create written summaries and presentations using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Sigma Plot
• Experience with PK/PD software (e.g., WinNonlin) and plotting software (e.g., R, SigmaPlot, etc.)
• Knowledge of pharmacology related to CNS and Cardio-renal
• Knowledge of Physiologically-based PK modeling with use of SimCYP or GastroPlus
• Post-doctoral clinical pharmacology experience or 1 to 2 years PK/PD experience in pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in the preparation of summaries and reports for regulatory submissions
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 50,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.