The Manager of Data Center Services will oversee the efficient day to day operation of Otsuka’s Data Center(s) and Public Cloud service used across all supported facilities within North America. They will collaborate with internal OIT customers, regional affiliates, and global colleagues to facilitate services with Otsuka companies and partners. They will work with cross-functional teams within OIT and the business to develop, support and maintain the required services in support of business operations. The Manager will have a broad technical acumen, knowledge and experience with IT systems, Cloud services, system interoperability and various core infrastructure technologies. In addition, they should have extensive detailed knowledge and experience with Active Directory, Hyper-V / VMware / OVM, messaging platforms, Private/Public Cloud (AWS & Azure), converged and hyper-converged infrastructure, SQL, server OSs, networking, routing, switching, security groups, firewalls, load balances, availability/fail-over, disaster recovery, and storage in a multi-vendor/technologies environment.
- Monitor and ensure the performance, security and availability of the data center and Cloud infrastructure to meet business needs and SLAs.
- Oversee change management of infrastructure and systems to reduce the risk of unplanned outages or degradations. Adjust processes and procedures as needed to support this goal.
- Oversee and manage escalations of infrastructure issues and network related trouble-tickets to ensure timely and efficient response to customers and adherence to defined SLAs.
- Conduct ongoing and as-needed capacity assessments and planning to ensure infrastructure capacity keeps pace with or exceeds business growth.Service Delivery
- Effectively multi-task across multiple work-streams with a high speed of delivery.
- Drive innovation in delivery of technology, services, and solutions across the organization.
- Act as a strategic partner between customers and IOS/OIT colleagues to deliver solutions that drive business value.
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of various Private/Public Cloud infrastructure services and technologies.
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of various collaboration services such as Office 365 and Skype.Management
- Collaborate with OIT teams, such as Commercial, R&D, and Enterprise IT, Finance, and Administrative Services to proactively anticipate needs and to communicate critical infrastructure activities that may impact business deliverables.
- Participates in the annual budget process and provides IOS Management with analysis and recommendations regarding infrastructure planning.
- Effectively and clearly translates complex infrastructure issues and projects into clear and concise tasks to be delegated to others.
Develop Data Center workers and guide behavior of managed service providers. Assess skills and coverage gaps and remediate as needed. Demonstrate leadership skills in fostering a cooperative team atmosphere and facilitate open and constructive communications.
- Drive results though support partners leveraging effective vendor management.
- Directly responsible for meeting metrics and SLAs. Ensures the proper mix of on-shore/off-shore support is leveraged.
- Is directly responsible for oversight of IAAS and ensuring that deliverables and SLAs are met. They should ensure that these services are fully engaged as needed.